Friday, May 25, 2012

Swatch and Compare :)

Oh-lo friends!  It's the weekend... woohoo!!!  :D  I promised that I would have a swatch / comparison for you this week so let's get to it :)

This is the completed mani (for thumbnail's sake)...


And now the story... A while back I bought Sinful Colors - Dream On

I bought the polish because it was so pretty and bright in the bottle.  I assume that it's a dupe for Illamasqua - Stance.  The first time I applied Dream On, it dried really dark!  I was soooo bummed :(  I decided to go hunting for another.

I found Jesse's Girl - Wild Thing while out shoping with my friend, the Fashionista :)
My bottle has a tall thin cap not this big square one... strange!

We each bought a bottle because, along with me, she thought that her bottle of Dream On was a little deceiving.  Surprise, surprise... Wild Thing dried dark too *sigh*. 

I personally can't really see a difference in the two polishes but I'll let you decided for yourself...

Neon, purple, Dream On, Wild Thing, swatch, nail art, mani
 I applied 3 coats of each polish. Dream On is thumb, middle finger and pinky.  Wild Thing is index and ring fingers.

Neon, purple, Dream On, Wild Thing, swatch, nail art, mani


 Neon, purple, Dream On, Wild Thing, swatch, nail art, maniNeon, purple, Dream On, Wild Thing, swatch, nail art, mani

In certain lighting / angles Dream On looks slightly darker than Wild Thing.  Other times they look exactly the same.  Very frustrating!

I have seen swatches online of Illamasqua - Stance and it seems as if that polish dries dark as well :'(  I've come to terms with the fact that the color I am looking for is unattainable, and that is ok.  

Of course I couldn't walk around with just plain polish on my nails... So I busted out the laser tape that I got from Amazon a while back and my handy-dandy dotting tool (it's just a polka-dotty kind of week I guess lol)!


Neon, purple, Dream On, Wild Thing, swatch, nail art, mani

My frustration turned into immediate joy and I was a very happy lady!

Again I just wanted to say thanks for all of the lovin'!  You guys rock :)  And just a reminder that I plan on having a giveaway when I reach 25 followers (tell yo friends... yes... I said YO)!  Lol...

Until next time!

Stef <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow beautiful color!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete