Monday, May 21, 2012

Unconventional Ladybugs :)

Goooood morning all!  Let the work week commence!  Hahaha...

Today's mani was inspired by my kids at work.  I really love my job.  I get to play all day with silly kids!  I have fun and get paid while doing it, what more could I ask for?  :)

The kiddos are currently obsessed with "ladybugs".  Pretty much any beetle that they find that's small and roundish, they classify as a lady bug.  I loved the idea of ladybug nails but red really isn't my color (it's my favorite color, it just doesn't complement my skin tone).  So i thought, "If the little ones can have different colored lady bugs, so can I!"...

OPI, silver, ladybug, polka dot, glitter, nail art, maniOPI, silver, ladybug, polka dot, glitter, nail art, mani
 Colors Used: O.P.I. My Pointe Exactly, O.P.I. - Pirouette My Whistle, Sally Hansen - Pumping Iron, Julep - Meryl, Rimmel - Black Satin

They turned out better that I expected and I really don't hae much to say about it.  The silver (SH - Pumping Iron) was a little difficult to work with.  It applied easily but, because it's a metallic, it was super streaky.  Not much I could do about it (altho I did try to verbally coax it into cooperating... which did me no good... obvi...).  I'm just going to let the photos speak for themselves...
OPI, silver, ladybug, polka dot, glitter, nail art, mani

OPI, silver, ladybug, polka dot, glitter, nail art, mani 
 O.P.I. - My Pointe Exactly

OPI, silver, ladybug, polka dot, glitter, nail art, mani

There you have it.  I suppose this will wind down my Spring-ish mani's.  I'll be moving on to summer mani's with somewhat of a heavy heart.  Spring is my favorite season of the year and I'm sad to see it go.  Anywhossie...

Until next time!

Stef <3

1 comment:

  1. Psh, it's not officially summer until June 21, I say stick with the spring ones as long as you can they are absolutely adorable!! love love love this one...yikes I sound like my mom lol

    ReplyDelete