Saturday, June 23, 2012

Because She Said So :)

Yellow and happy Saturday to you!

Today's mani has a story to go with it (I feel like it's becoming a pattern lol).  I was setting up, getting the room ready for camp, last weekend with my boss and my co-worker/good friend the Fashionista.  I don't know how we got onto the subject of summer colors, but we were talking about neons and how the Fashionista was the one who encouraged me to give neons a chance.  I told her that I hadn't worn the neon yellow I had purchased yet because I was afraid that it would look like boogers on my nails (I'm no nose picker!  Hahaha...).  She said, "You're crazy, I think it would look really good on you!."  And then she proceeded to laugh at me... she laughs at me quite often, actually.  So I womaned up and polished away!
Colors Used: Sally Hansen - White On, China Glaze - Celtic Sun, Rimmel - Black Satin


 I started with one thick-ish coat of White On, then I added 2 coats of Celtic Sun (the white helps the neon polish with opaqueness).  I finished it off with some hearts using my dotting tool and then I topped it with Out the Door.  Please excuse the spot(s) I missed with my messy clean-up!  :)

I think the Fashionista might be right.  I should trust her judgement more often haha.

Celtic Sun, neon yellow, hearts, nail art, nail design, mani

What do you think?

Until next time!

Stef <3

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This neon is absolutely amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great neon yellow!
    and i have to say i like this blog so much. maybe you'd like to follow each other?
    Kisses, Lona

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Laura - It's kinda growing on me. I think it's moving up the ranks as one of my favorite polishes :)

    @ Lona - Thank you so much! You both have fabulous style and I instantly pressed the follow button :) Here's to great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous neon! I love the hearts added to it!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a pain in the butt to photograph, it's what I dislike about neons lol.

      Delete