Thursday, June 28, 2012

We're Going To Disneylad! :)

Good morning all!  I'm up a lot earlier than my alarm was meant to wake me because I just couldn't stay asleep haha.  Today is a pretty big day... we're taking the kids at my work on a field trip to Disneyland (this will be our first time doing a trip this big!).  I'm excited/nervous about the day, but I'm sure everything will be alright :)

I decided to paint my nails for the occasion (naturally)!  I went with a Minnie Mouse theme (and no I didn't use any of the colors from O.P.I./s collection :P).  I also am not a huge fan of how they turned out.  I did them in pretty dim lighting and I didn't catch all of the flaws until this morning.  I don't care though, because watching R.E.D with my honey and sissy-in-law is much more important to me than having perfect nails :)  Anywhosie...

Colors Used: Julep - January, Rimmel - Black Satin, Sally Hansen - White On

I started with painting the tips in January.  It's a gorgeous red color that only required one thin-ish coat.  Love it!  I couldn't find my favorite striping brush anywhere so I had to resort to using a different nail art brush for my stripes... not cool! (Hence why there are some bare pars to the stripes *sigh*) I used a small dotting tool to make the polka-dots on the tips.

  The Minnie was pretty easy to achieve.  The Rimmel polish brush is wide and rounded so the base of  her head was a cinch!  (I highly recommend this it to anyone who is looking for a really excellent black polish.  It is pretty mush amazing!)  Then I did a little bit of swirling with the larger dotting tool for the ears, flipped the dotting tool over and used the smaller side to dot out the bow.

Disney, Disneyland, Minnie Mouse, Julep January, red, white polka dot, french tip, frenchie, nail art, nail design, mani

Although it has it's imperfections, I really liked this mani and It's definitely put me in a Disney kind of mood.  I wish I'd had more time to do something a little more elaborate.  Alas, something is better than nothing at all lol :)

So what do you all think?  I hope you all have a fabulous day!  I also pray that I make through mine (10 hour day with the kids and then a 2 hour rehearsal after that along with a late-night El Torito dinner with friends... ack!).  

Until next time...

Stef <3

P.S. Julep posted my Chevron/Fishtail mani in their "Nail of the Day" on Facebook.  How cool is that??  :D

2 comments: