Thursday, October 10, 2013

Introducing kiloX Lacquers

Hello, dolls!

When I started this blog, it was in the hopes that I'd grow as a nail artist and share awesomeness with all of you.  I never in my wildest dreams thought that I'd be working with indie brands and help in introducing them to the nail world!  It's such an awesome thing to do and very humbling as well.  I am truly thankful for it :)  With that being said, say hello to kiloX Lacquers



The focus of this brand?  "kiloX lacquers was started with a single goal in mind; to make a lacquer that looked like Morgan's beloved cat Kilo. A black lacquer with the perfect shimmer and green flash."  I'm guessing Miss Morgan really felt inspired because she has two collections available!  I was sent some beauties from the Rescue Collection, polishes named after rescue animals.  How cute is that??  Side note, you can click on the images to enlarge them...


  "Sienna is a fun-loving, sweet Golden Retriever. 
This polish embodies her radiant personality with a spectrum of golden hues and sparkle."   


I love love love the butterscotch-iness of this polish!  It's packed with gold glitter that peeks thru this metallic-creme polish beautifully.  As much as I love Sienna, I'm not sure it's a great color for me.  It's a little too close to my skin tone for my taste lol :)  Application was very smooth and easy.  This is 2 coats with topcoat.
 

"Kora was a loving short-haired Saint Bernard rescue. Saintly Bernard is a chocolate brown with a scattered holo that is a tribute not only to her breed, but her sparkling personality."


I don't know if you saw all of that holo-goodness in the bottle shot but wowwza!!   I'm not really into brown polishes (again, too close to my skin tone).  I'm making an exception for this one lol.  Again, the glitter creeps thru this creme polish amazingly well.  I have a really hard time capturing holos in pics, so the fact that I got these few to shine thru gives you a clue as to how sparkly this baby really is.  This polish was practically a one-coater and applied like butter. This is 2 coats with topcoat.


 "Tango is vibrant green lacquer with multiple shades of iridescent green microglitter. Tango was inspired by Morgan's beloved cat Tango and is the colour of the blanket and collar she brought him home with as a kitten."


I've always had a love for green polishes.  The sheer microglitter of Tango is really quite lovely.  I always try to stick with 2 coats when swatching because that is the general average.  I feel like 3 coats would do this polish well.  Application was easy, just sheer.  This is 2 coats with topcoat.


"Zulu is bright blue lacquer with holographic teal diamond glitter floating throughout. Zulu was inspired by Morgan's beloved cat Zulu and is the colour of the blanket and collar she brought him home with as a kitten."


Zulu is such an interesting beauty!  I would describe it as a blue glitter-crelly with diamond chunks mixed in.  I've never seen anything like it!  Best part?  No staining :D  This was 2 easy coats with topcoat.


"KILO is a black lacquer with a iridescent green and golden microglitter. KILO was inspired by Morgan's beloved cat Kilo and captures Kilo's black coat and green eyes."


Kilo is my fave of this collection!  It's so stinkin' pretty.  A black crelly- microglitter??  I'm sold!  Application was beautiful and I wore it for 2 days with no tip wear.  Awesome, awesome polish.  This is 2 coats with topcoat.

Kilo and all of these other beauties can be found on kiloX's website.  For every bottle of the Rescue Polish Collection sold, a donation of $1 will be made to the Las Vegas Humane Society, a no-kill shelter that helps homeless pets find loving homes.  Such a great, new indie brand that I'm incredibly honored to share it with you :)

Thank you for reading thru this post!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it haha.

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. These polishes look so nice! I agree with you - Kilo is an amazing polish! :)

    ReplyDelete