Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Gone Flannel!

Hello dolls!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!  I have a quick post to share with you today.  I haven't had a tone of time to spend on my nails this week, so I decided to keep my mani simple...

OPI, Christmas Gone Plaid, Flannel, Plaid, Nails, Nail Art, Nail Design, Mani
 Colors Used: OPI - Christmas Gone Plaid, Sally Hansen - White On, Acrylic Paint, OPI - Matte Top Coat

I simultaneously love and hate this mani lol.  I'm obsessed with this nail color right now; it's just perfect.  It applies like butter!


 I started with 2 coats of my base colors, with white for my accent color.  I painted 3 vertical green  stripes (center and both sides) with Christmas Gone Plaid and once it set I then painted 3 horizontal white stripes with acrylic paint.  To get the flannel look, I used a detail brush and went back with my green polish to apply diagonal lines in alternating boxes.  Doing this with nail polish was difficult, not gonna to lie.  I would recommend using acrylic paint for small detail work like this. But, alas.  

I topped my accent nail with OPI's Matte Top Coat and the rest of my nails with a Salon top coat I get from my local nail supply store

A little messy, but I'll take it!


Well, I'm off to go watch some Supernatural with the hubs before we head over to my parents house for family craziness lol.  Have a happy and blessed day :)

Until next time!

Stef <3

14 comments:

  1. The flannel accent nail looks amazing. I thought it was stamped on at first too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.. I love these. They are perfect for the winter. The accent nail is awesome for freehand. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect! Not messy AT ALL! I really need this OPI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The work was worth it! It looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that plaid design was a stamp, it's that perfect O.o! Lovely look ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good god I thought that was a stamp at first glance. Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this manicure. You call it messy, I call it neat ;) I'm impressed! And the colour is indeed yummy <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so beautiful, I think you did wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job! This mani is perfect and I love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving that OPI! I think you did great on the plaid pattern, I thought it was stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I've never tried to freehand a plaid pattern like this before but you're definitely inspiring me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWW Love this manicure, your nails look amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete